photo

photo

sabato 27 novembre 2010

...my first thanksgiving ever. I hope it will not be the last one

I left with my american family at 8a.m., we went to Nashville, to the house of Jeff's brother, Crag.
There were a lot of people, all Jeff's family.
We arrived at 10 a.m., before we arrived Jeff and Zetta told me everything about the people that I'd met.
They introduced me to the family and we started to talk about me, my country and they told me about their trips in Italy: Roma, Milano, Venezia, Firenze.
Now that my english is improved everything is easier. After a little be we started to eat some appetizers, chips with some staff that Zetta made in the morning, it was REALLY good.
Crag's wife cooked with the help of other women, the cooked all traditional thanksgiving's staff:
TURKEY, green beans, sweet potato casserole, mash potatoes, dressing, rolls, lima pea salad...
I really like this kind of food, but I probably get 10 pounds in a day :D.
When everyone had eaten so much to feel bad, we moved on the couch, we played the WII and talked about everything. My american dad play the WII with my american sister, they danced, to see my sister dance is a normal thing but seeing my dad dancing was SO FUNNY, the best thing is that he won. -"GOOD JOB JEFF"-
In the afternoon Crag asked me if I wanted to go talk to the neighbor who has Italian roots. I went in his house a little be, we talked Italian, it was awesome, but it's VERY hard talking italian and english at the same time. I was so confused!
Before I left Mister Peron told me something, not appropriate, in italian, I think he didn't know what he said! LOL
We come back at home and we ATE AGAING, desserts, super sweet: pumpkin cheese cake, pecan pie, peanut butter cake. I usually don't like the cake too sweet, but the pecan pie was very good. 
at about 4 we left and at 6 we were at home. We felt like it was midnight, we were so tired. 
After dinner Jeff, me, and Hayden saw a great movie with Tom Cruise: THE LAST SAMURAI.


BCS

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento